Morning, or what is applicable. Who knows about calculating forces and matters and FE-modelling in solder joints? The case is ceramic chip capacitors 1pF and up. The work has been done in PATRAN and the simulations tell that thermomechanical forces are considerable. It is well known that certain forces can cause local micro/macrocracks in the ceramic body, also that cracks can occur in the solder joint etc. It's not an easy task, however, to interprete and convert the results to the reality. One needs someone to discuss with. Magnus, is the guy who performs the computer work . I'm not at my office week 36, so mail to Magnus in case of experience in this matter. /Ingemar & Magnus