Dow Corning makes other RTV's besides the listed ones (which include
     some conformal coats).

     Be prepared to check all RTV's, some are not compatible with copper or
     tin.

Subject: ASM: RTV
Author:  [log in to unmask] at internet
Date:    10/15/96 6:46 PM

Technetters:
  I'm interested in various RTVs that are approved by UL 94-V-0 for flammabil-
ity.  So far I've come up with Dow Corning: 3140, 1-2577/1-2620, 838, 3145
as well as Sylgard 170 and 567.  In addition, GE Silicones has its RTV133.

  Is there anything else out there that can withstand operating temperatures
of at least 125 C and yet remain somewhat rubbery and pliable?

Lucy Rojao

(416) 448-5866