We've tried to qualify (J-STD-001A, NAWC MT-0002, or MIL-STD-2000B) a low
  solids flux in a no-clean process (for hand soldered assemblies which
  cannot be subjected to our in-line aqueous cleaner) with no success.  It
  seems that the excess flux which is not directly subjected to the heat of
  the soldering iron caused the test board (IPC-B-36) to fail SIR, no
  matter how we tried to limit the volume of flux deposited.

  We had to revert back to RMA flux for these instances and hand clean with
  an IPA blend.

  Jim Marsico
  (516) 595-5879

         *          SYSTEMS, INC.         *