-- [ From: Douglas C. Jeffery * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I recently had a customer inquire about the advantages or disadvantages
of using tin/lead plating over HAL for a connector application (SIMMs).
We have been 100% HAL for several years and I couldn't really answer
his question other than to say we don't have a tin/lead bath...So..Are
there any thoughts as to one method being preferred over the other?
(note. the question is about the insertion tabs not component
attachment, and he currently is not using ni/au).

Thanks for any insight.

Doug Jeffery
Electrotek, Inc.
414-762-1390