Greetings,

We are wondering what the general thought is regarding whether or not the edge of a CCA/PWB needs to be conformally coated?  We received CCA's from a supplier and noticed that the edges were not coated.  Our thinking thus far is that since our drawing does not state that coating on the edge is optional or not required, it would be required.

What we are curious to know is what the general consensus is regarding whether or not it is necessary to coat the edge of the CCA and instances when this would or would not be desired.

Thank you,
Caitlen Gahm
Materials and Process Engineer
Crane Aerospace & Electronics