Hi Larry,

I remember the last guy who removed unused pads on signal inner-layers because of all that space available for routing between PTHs.

You wouldn’t believe how many designed in shorts he created.

In reality, thinking in 3 dimensions, you really don’t get much if any extra room by doing this.

Brs,

Gerry