Fellow TechNetters:

   Has anyone out there question the infamous KNUCKEL contact gold plating process.   It's not dipped because there is only gold on the knuckle radius on the contact pin.   A very, very small distance.   What is its hardness compared to electro plated gold.   I used the smallest aperture that we have, 0.6mm.   Most of the time the contact pin has to be flattened to get an accurate reading.   A couple of spots that read with the designated spec value.   Anything you can share would be very appreciated.

Victor,