All:

    I have a customer who is specifying a press fit connector to be soldered after the press fit operation. I've never heard of this and I was wondering if there is any quality/reliability data in the industry as to why one should/shouldn't do this. Our customer's explanation was that it would add mechanical integrity to the joints. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Steve Vargas