Since we hand solder outside of the normal manufacturing floor, our technicians are requesting to use a butane soldering iron. I have no previous experience with this type of soldering iron. With a temperature setting of 1076°F it seems rather high and potentially damaging to resulting solder connection, insulation, people, etc.

http://www.apexhandtools.com/brands/CF_Files/model_detail.cfm?upc=037103060976

Any thoughts from experience would be most appreciated.

Gregg