Hi All,

We are facing a problem, i.e. our PCB supplier have advised they cannot
perform ENIG (Immersion Gold) due to the 0.18mm uBGA pads for U29, and have
requested OSP (preserved bare copper). In order for PCB supplier to perform
ENIG they require the pads to increase from 0.18mm to 0.25mm, which may be
possible however there is an increased potential for shorts, and without
X-ray in our side.

To date we have not used OSP surface finished boards, the downside to using
OSP is the shelf life of 3months compared to +1year with ENIG.

cid:[log in to unmask]

So, could you please share your valued experience on this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Justin