Fellow TechNetters;

   I understand that there a several methods of plating zinc and that perhaps only one yield zinc whiskers.   Can someone share their input with zinc plating.   I have examined several zinc plating surfaces, sheet metal extrusions-chassis, without knowing their process and one has zinc whiskers.   Is this a correct observation.   I will request plating specs for each sample examined.

Victor,