According IEC61340 should be ok.

T/R is made by ESD dispersive materials, the resistance is ok .suggest you measure voltage also.

From: TGAsia [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Scott Li
Sent: 2011
1129 9:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TGAsia] Electronic component( 0402 ESD supressor) stick on the cover tape during SMT process

Hello All,

Our production line is currently encountering a problem, one of our components(0402 ESD suppressor) sticks on the cover tape during our SMT procedure(see below picture).  The defect rate exceeds 30%.

We suspected the reason for this failure is due to Static caused.   The static may be produced by friction between cover tape and SMT feeder.

Is there anybody here saw similar problem and what is the reason caused the failure?

Is any standard/requirement/range for the material surface resistance for the cover tape and carrier tape?

The test result from the supplier is:  carrier tape surface resistivity---<106,   Cover tape surface resistivity--- 0.9~4.08*109.  Is the result acceptable?

Is there any impact to the product because of this issue?

Thanks for your response…

Best regards,

Scott Li

Creating value that increases customer competitiveness

Building 1, 2, 3, Yusheng Industrial Park
467 Xixiang Section, National Highway 107,

Baoan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, PRC

518126

+86 755 8947 6447               direct

+86 189 2377 9881               mobile
+86 755 8947 6666               fax

[log in to unmask]     I     www.flextronics.com

Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message