Thanks Dave for your advise. Cheers!

Rgds
Pat

--- On Mon, 15/11/10, David Bergman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [TGAsia] IPC standards enquiry on solder pads lifting specs
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, 15 November, 2010, 11:35 PM

Hi Patricia,

There really isn’t a spec for the attribute of lifted lands after multiple solder stress.  IPC-6012C (Rigid PCB spec)indicates there shall be no lift prior to stress, but that land lift is allowed after stress.  IPC-4101C  (CCL spec)  addresses adhesion in a different way by peel strength of the copper foil.  There is probably correlation between peel strength and lift after multiple rework cycles, but this isn’t specified in any IPC documents that I am aware of.

Best regards,

Dave

David W. Bergman   大山人

Vice President, International Relations

IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries

3000 Lakeside Drive Suite 309S Bannockburn, IL 60015-1249 USA

+1 847-597-2840 tel

+1 847-615-5640 fax

+1 847-867-1388 mobile

Skype: davidbergmanipc