Dear Sir,

I would like to know are there any IPC standards which spelled the minimum requirements of a solder pad able to withstand numerous of soldering and de-soldering reworks before pad lifting? I have tested on some different material brand boards with same pad size and same finishing under the same soldering and de-soldering conditions, some brands material boards can withstand up to 18 cycles but some only 16 cycles. Is there a minimum requirements indicated in any of the IPC standards which I can refer to?

Hope to have your favourable advise.

Thanks & Best Regards
Patricia Lui
Xuan Technologies.