From: DesignerCouncil [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karl Bates
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DC] PCB Matrix.. then Valor.. Now Mentor

Just wanted to let everyone know the hassle I am having when downloading the latest version of Symbol Wizard for my purchased software under Maintainence,  to install on a new computer.
I could not find the software anywhere (since everything now points to Mentors site).   And there is no license file available either.

This is the reply I received from Mentor support:

Hello Karl  -

Thank you for your inquiry: I have been advised that there is no
download available for Symbol Wizard yet, nor has it been released on
standard Mentor licensing at this time. I would suggest you check
SupportNet in the near future for upcoming release news.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxx  (name removed for support rep privacy).
Customer & Order Management
Worldwide Order Fulfillment

So I sent an email to escalate the issue, ...

Since I can't download the software I purchased,  please refund my support money ?
Please escalate this issue, this is not acceptable.
Karl

And he replied..........

Hi Karl -

I have forwarded your message on to our Support Rep for your site, and asked that they begin to process a refund for you.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxx

What a mess !

Karl

SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil
To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of DesignerCouncil for vacation breaks send: SET DesignerCouncil NOMAIL/(MAIL)
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-615-7100 ext. 2815