Jack,

Absolutely worth the price, and yes all indications are they will be around for awhile. Support is very

good and they are listening to the users. I use this tool at home. It really depends on what type of boards

you design most. If you are doing really really heavy intense signal integrity designs a higher end tool might be in

order if time to market is a critical issues all the time. This tool will get the job done just not quite as fast as the higher

end tool with large amount of constraints. Tuning of nets is also not quite as good as the higher end tool either.

Realistically you will be doing more things manually with this tool than the higher end which is why I say just take a little longer

Job will get done either way. But you need to ask yourself is a little shorter to get it done worth the vast difference in price

from this to the higher end tools.

Bottom line for the price you cannot beat it. A lot of bang for the buck. I have been using it since the Protel 99SE days

and Altium Designer is a HUGE improvement over 99SE. And they continue to make it even better.

No system is perfect but this certainly does much more things better than worse.

Bob Wolfe