From: DesignerCouncil [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carlo Quinonez, Ph.D.
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 10:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DC] Dimensions for USB Type-A card edge connector

I apologize for double posting, but I realized that I my last post was not clear!

I need to make a USB Type-A Male plug using a PCB as a card edge connector. I mean just the bare PCB by itself - nothing soldered to it or molded over it. See http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=19 if this isn't clear - this company has a product that actually incorporates just such a connector.

There several questions that I have if anyone has direct experience with such a thing...

1- What thickness is the PCB?
2- How wide is the tongue?
3- How deep is the tongue?
4- Gold finger width and pitch?

I can reverse engineer these - but real experience beat trial and error any day!

Thanks again! and sorry for double posting!

Carlo
SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil
To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of DesignerCouncil for vacation breaks send: SET DesignerCouncil NOMAIL/(MAIL)
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-615-7100 ext. 2815