From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pete Houwen
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] Hashing-Out Hatching

We have one engineer, an analog kind of guy, who likes to insist
hatching is
better for EMI.  He can't say why.  But most of our designs are RF,
solid
planes have turned out to be critical.  Trying make sure all those
microvias get
a good solid connection, and don't split up the planes, means you need a
small
enough hatch, you might as well make it solid and stop worrying.

Gary brought me back to the days when, just for kicks, I would take
other
guy's designs and remove all of their vias, just to prove I could do it.
I've
gotten help, I'm cured, a thousand vias is nothing anymore.  But that
memory
made me feel old until Richard brought up soldering with iron sticks.

in
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
Please visit IPC web site