From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Glidden, Kevin
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 10:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] membership limitations to Technet

While I highly value the all-inclusive nature of this forum, it is perhaps
an exploitable feature as well.  I continuously receive emails from people
offering services with whom I have had no previous interactions, and I often
assume (perhaps incorrectly?) that our contact information and email
addresses are being mined from the forum by those who join simply to
generate contact lists.  Would limiting Technet membership to those from
domains whose companies are IPC members, or requiring entering of an IPC
membership number to register destroy the all-inclusive nature, or improve
the quality?

Does anyone else share these observations?  Thoughts?