Well, it is confusing...
(Mine came from an ANSI site through NSSN.org search engine because
that's what my company uses. The only reason I mention that is because
you said IPC sells through IHS, but they must sell through others, too)

Anyway, as an example I went directly to the IPC website,
and looked up the purchasing options for IPC-T-50 (Definitions)
I couldn't find anything other than HARDCOPY,
but when I clicked HARDCOPY, it took me here:
http://portal.ipc.org/Purchase/ProductDetail.aspx?Product_code=a2fc44f4-6853-dd11-9f23-001422202d38

Once you are on the hardcopy page, there are several options IN ADDITION to HARDCOPY
 T-50H(D)1 T-50H(D)1: Terms and Definitions for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits
 T-50H(E)1 T-50H(E)1: Terms and Definitions for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits
 T-50H(E)G T-50H(E)G: Terms and Definitions for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits
 T-50H(E)S T-50H(E)S: Terms and Definitions for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits
 T-50H-K T-50H-K: Terms and Definitions for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits
You can't tell what any of those mean until you
- click each one individually
- study the differences
- learn what the codes mean
but I did that. ("E" means Electronic!)

From what I can tell, unless you pay
$2884 for a SITE license (now you know what the "S" means!)
or
$5768 for a GLOBAL license (now you know what the "G" means!)
all of the others are NON-PRINTABLE

According to IPC, the definition of "non-printable" means
you can only print one page at a time using screen shots.
(That definition is NOT in the definitions document :)

I couldn't find any mention of the DRM single-computer restriction.
Several private replies implied the restriction was added by other
sellers.

So much confusion, with nearly 500 members of this forum unable
to provide a definitive answer to a simple question over a week later,
maybe there should be a public statement about how this works.

Jack

.