Dear all,

No IPC call for the longest storage time of SMT and PCB on left un-used in production line. However, we have much PCB experience that the boards stayed on production line over the week end and without baking before resume production, delamination occurred.

If no special control on production floor, the RH can be up to 90% if the temp setting is low when the air condition area is left idle without operators.

SMT area may contain MSD ( moisture sensitive device) so the same problem will occur. Left on production floor without re-pack in vacuum is a dangerous.

So your customer question your shop floor management is reasonable.

With Best Regards

Joseph Ho