I heard they were killing off the old OrCAD Layout and confusing people by having given the appellation “OrCAD” to light versions of the Allegro layout package.  I have a light version of Allegro that was sold to me a few years ago as “OrCAD PCB Designer”.  The name sounds like OrCAD Layout, but it has nothing to do with that product.

I don’t think they’re killing off OrCAD Schematic Capture in name or product.

From: DesignerCouncil [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jack Olson
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DC] OrCAD?

I was just telling a colleague that OrCAD wasn't being

maintained anymore, because Cadence was killing it off.

Now I don't remember where I heard that from, but the

new issue of PCD&F is announcing new releases 16.2

with new featues and "unparalleled depth and robust

functionality".

Does OrCAD thrive?

curious Jack

SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil
To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of DesignerCouncil for vacation breaks send: SET DesignerCouncil NOMAIL/(MAIL)
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-615-7100 ext. 2815