[log in to unmask]" rel=File-List>
The FLASH or DRAW selection is controled by the software and we have no real control over that. In the past with few softwares, like PCAD for DOS, it was possible, but now, it seems useless for PCB fabrication to specify on instead of the other.

Robert Pellerin, B.A.A., C.I.D.
PCB Designer / Paradox Innovation Ltd.

De : DesignerCouncil [mailto:[log in to unmask]] De la part de Ioan Tempea
Envoyé : 29 janvier 2009 22:42
À : [log in to unmask]
Objet : [DC] Aperture generation in gerber files

Dear Colleagues,

The many gerber files I have seen can be divided into two categories, according to how the geometrical figures (apertures) of the land patterns are generated:

o        Apertures declared as stand alone geometrical figures (e.g. a rectangular 100x200 pad is declared as a 100x200 rectangle)

o        Apertures generated by successive positions of a smaller element (e.g. 100x200 rectangle generated by adjoining twenty 100x10 lines)

The second version does not come handy at all when trying to measure the center of an aperture with a gerber viewer.

Questions:

o        How is each of them generated?

o        Are there CAD systems that can only generate the latter?

o        Any precautions that can be taken by the designer so that only the first one be generated?

o        If I want to call each method by its technical name, what would that be?

Thank you,

Ioan Tempea, ing.

Ingénieur Principal Fabrication / Sr. Manufacturing Engineer

30 ans déjà! - Already 30 years!

950 rue Bergar, Laval, Québec, H7L 5A1

t : 450-967-7100 ext : 244

Mtl : 514-990-5762

f : 450-967-7444

www.digico.cc

P N'imprimer que si nécessaire - Print only if you must

SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil
To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of DesignerCouncil for vacation breaks send: SET DesignerCouncil NOMAIL/(MAIL)
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-615-7100 ext. 2815