From: DesignerCouncil [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 7:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DC] solder thickness after reflow for tol. stackup

Hello All,

A mechanical designer is doing a tolerance stackup on one of our layouts and asked what we allow for the height of the solder between the board and the part. I babbled a while about how it's not that simple, then rooted around in IPC specs a while but couldn't find anything more definitive than "wetting is evident" for a value. I need to get back to him with a max value of some sort.

Does anyone out there have a value they plug in for stackup analysis?

We have SMT push-button switches and need to know where the top of the button will be relative to the surface of the PCB, min/max.

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and its disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return it immediately to its sender at the above address and destroy it.
the BODY (NOT the subject field):
 SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil

To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of DesignerCouncil for vacation breaks send: SET DesignerCouncil NOMAIL/(MAIL)

Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-615-7100 ext. 2815