From: TGAsia [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Katzko
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TGAsia]
答复: Re: [TGAsia] Hi-Pot Test Failure (2250V /3S/3mA)

Hi Justin

I agree with Jeffrey's comments but also add:

(1) When testing, does casing melting/distortion occur before or after the breakdown point? If the device is overheating beyond the maximum operating temperature of the insulation materials, this may be the root cause of failure. Keep in mind resistance induced heating has a progressive effect.

(2) Is the wire gage sufficient to carry the test current?   Sometimes the current required for testing is greater than the designed capacity of the device and may need changing the test criteria/method (to suit the design) or upgrading the wire gage/wire insulation.

(3) As Jeffrey noted, any protrusions of the wire/crimp can induce failure.  Another potential problem is over-crimping if the cross-sectional area (of the crimp) is reduced below the current carrying capacity of the conductors.

In practical terms, test the wire, wire with terminal installed and then finished connector to check for dielectric breakdown and over-heating. When and why is the insulation melting?

Good luck.

C.B. Katzko  嘉仕高
Research + Development
Meadville Group
e-mail  [log in to unmask]
tel            +86 21 3774 7528
fax           +86 21 3774 7590
mobile    +86 13817362590

+++  Please note new e-mail address  +++

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and delete your copies.

+++  Thank You  +++

"Liang, Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
发件人:  TGAsia <[log in to unmask]>

2008/11/27 11:46

请答复
Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>;
n答复
"Liang, Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>

收件人

抄送

主题

Re: [TGAsia] Hi-Pot Test Failure (2250V/3S/3mA)

Justin,

I would like to propose you to try/look at things below:
1- Please do hi-pot test on raw cable/wires itself to see if it can withstand 2250V/3S/3mA.
2- Please inspect the crimped terminal and wire brush after crimping to see if there is any bur created by crimping tool. You know the bur would cause HI-POT failure. Also, please make wire brush is as trim as possible.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Jeffrey Liang
86-757-28385503

Re: [TGAsia] Hi-Pot Test Failure (2250V/3S/3mA)

Hi Sir,

The breakdown voltage is 38KV as shown in the raw materials data sheet provided by supplier.

Thanks and best regards,
Justin Wu
Utilux South China Ltd
Phone: +86-755-2850 7521
Fax:     +86-755-2850 0927
E-mail Address: [log in to unmask]
www.utiluxchina.com

Re: [TGAsia] Hi-Pot Test Failure (2250V/3S/3mA)

看看绝缘材料的耐压