Hi All!

We just got some boards in this morning that we were supposed to be
building on a quick turn. The lot was supposed to be 25 assemblies, but
we only got 11 boards.

We noticed something at a few pads of a device footprint that looked
pretty bad. Check out:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/Dark_Pads.jpg

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/Dark_Pads_Close.jpg

If it isn't obvious, the boards are ENIG. These pads stood out right
away with the naked eye, and when we started looking closely at the
boards, we noticed other dark looking pads, but not nearly as bad as
what you see in the photo.

If I've been paying attention correctly, I can't call this black pad.
Black pad needs more than just a visual indication such as this, right?
We looked at all 11 boards, but only found 4 of them with any problems.
Only one of four had the problem as bad as what is in the photo.

My feeling is that we shouldn't run any of them, no matter if we can see
a problem or not...

Of course we're getting in touch with our fab house about this, but we
haven't heard back from them yet. This just happened a couple of hours
ago.

Thanks!

Steve