Further support for Werner's theory and probable root cause;

We never use to have this problem. We use to use chip bonder for the
secondary side SMD and wave solder them. We are now using selective pallets
which protects all the SMD parts from the wave solder and also protects them
from a lot of the bottom side preheat. The tiny ceramic cap is not getting
heated like the big honking connector stud. Bango the TCE cracks the cap!

I believe we've found the root cause now for corrective action. Let the
wheels start turning all you process genius' out there!

Thanks,

KennyB