I agree with what Peter said.  It's OK if soldering joint meet to quality requirement.

 But I have one query:  "the soldering area is 50.7mm x 28mm"   Do you mean it is a pcb pad or a component size?
 Usual there isn't such big pad. If it is component size,you don't care it.

 On stencil design standard,you can refer to IPC-7525.

From: TGAsia [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Zhou
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TGA] thickness of solder paste vs compontents soldering area

Hello, Timmy:

There are no standard on solder paste's thickness. The thickness depends on the stencil thickness. If the stencil thickness is 6mil, you can define the solderpaste thickness scale and do SPC to track the print status. PE should define the stencil thickness by the component's feature, not quality guy.

Best Regards

Peter Zhou
Engineering Manager
Simclar Electronics (SuZhou) Co,. Ltd.
Block C#02-01/08, No.5 XingHan Street
SuZhou Industrial Park, 215021, SuZhou, P.R.China
Tel: +86 512 62521808 (Ext. 607)
Fax: +86 512 67618925
MP: 13913124061
E-mail: [log in to unmask]