Hi Phil

I was going to respond with a funny to your question, but then
discovered some interesting, but probably useless, information:

You could ask that the boards are "Scrupulously" cleaned.

If you look up scrupulously - derived from scrupulous is: 2 -
historical a unit of weight equal to 20 grains, used by apothecaries.•
archaic a very small amount of something, esp. a quality.
ORIGIN late Middle English : from French scrupule or Latin scrupulus,
from scrupus, literally ‘rough pebble.
GRAIN: the smallest unit of weight in the troy and avoirdupois
systems, equal to 1/5760 of a pound troy and 1/7000 of a pound
avoirdupois (approximately 0.0648 grams). [ORIGIN: because originally
the weight was equivalent to that of a grain of wheat.]

Hmmm maybe the ancients knew more than we thought.....and my funny is
more useful than I thought!?

However, and on a more serious note, I have had some very interesting
results from running the latest SIR test method on unassembled boards
for a couple of customers. In most instances we found that the boards
would contribute far more failure than might be found from the
assembly process residues. I did make a presentation to the SIR TG
meeting in Schaumberg on this topic. If you or anyone would like a
copy ask me off-line and give me your mailing address - cos the file
is around 60mb.

Kindest regards
Graham Naisbitt

www.gen3systems.com