From: TGAsia [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of FP Deng
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 4:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TGA] Regarding X-ray radiation prevention

Hi,Mr,Duan

Thank you for your kindly comments,

You are right, our machines have got exemption of radiation monitoring from EBP according to GBZ117-2006, such as 5DX, Dage and phoenix's machines,  because these machine not only have chain system ,but also have quite of thickness lead shield around . whilst it has lowest current (100uA)
so ,all of us may think it is so safety,  who can ensure so-called "in case" ???  so ,this is difficulty !!!

"Duan, Shi Hao - Andy BSCE QA PEK" <[log in to unmask]>

2007-11-05 15:52

"Asia Committe Task Group Forum" <[log in to unmask]>, "FP Deng" <[log in to unmask]>
cc
Subject
RE: [TGA] Regarding X-ray radiation prevention

Hi Mr. Deng,
     I've ever operate with X-ray machine.  And from the basic principle of the machine, there are 2 kinds of X-ray generation way:
    1. By isotope radiator
    2. By a generation tube (like the lamp)
    From the reqirement of China Environment Department, you should prepare the radiator management procedure for your regular operation.  And also, you should arrange some emergency solution for your machine.  That means, maybe sometimes you have some urgent case, such as radiator isolation case broken, there must be some hazardous element leakage, so what your emergency should define is how can you deal with this urgent case.  In all, one procedure for regular operation, another is for urgent case.  That's the reason for why you need to do the procedure.
     From my point of view, there is no need to prevent the radiator leakage for tube type, coz the basic principle of X-ray generation is stimulated by high voltage.  Actually, the element inside is harmless.  So you need only to prevent the leakage of isotope radiator.  For example, you can lock the maintenace area of your machine, and keep the key in some special guy.  And to prevent the emergency, you need to buy some protection/exposure suit, and a lead box which the wall must be thick enough to prevent X-ray leaking out.

Best regards,

Andy Duan (Shi Hao)
New Technologies Department

Beijing Siemens Cerberus Electronics Limited
2/F, RuiBao Building,
No.18,XinXi Road, ShangDi Information Industry Base,HaiDian District, Beijing, 100085 China

Tel : +86 10 62962255 Ext. 602 (Office) or 126 (Lab)
Fax : +86 10 62987387
Internet :
http://www.sbt.siemens.com
Intranet :
http://intranet.bsce.sbt.siemens.com.cn
E-mail : [log in to unmask]

CAUTION: This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender of this message immediately. Due to safety reasons we can not receive executable files (*.exe, *.vbs etc.) attached to e-mails any more. These files will be deleted by our mail-system automatically. If you want to send us these kinds of files please zip these files before sending with winzip.exe.