Hi, Liu QiXiong

Basically, the equipment of ERSA IR550 is just suitable for this kind of  PCBA ,I think you can totally fix the issue if you strictly control your rework process according to following.

1)Please preheat PCBA by using 100 C degree &100sec duration with bottom heater first. and then trigger to start the profile.
2)Please control soak time during 80~90Sec.
3) Ramp rate of 190 C degree to peak tempture should be 0.6 ~0.8C degree /sec. (0.6 C degree /sec is preferable)
4)it is better to set energy level to 12.

Please try it.

Regards.
FP Deng

2007-08-09 11:40

Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>, FP Deng <[log in to unmask]>
cc
Subject
Re: [TGA]  请教PCB板变形&焊盘设计

Hi, FP

Information as follow,

Supplier: ERSA model of IR550A

Material: Material :FR-4・t=1.04・6層

Mothod: Top\bottom preheat with infrared ray heat on BGA station.

We shall try to convince customer with fixture again.

Best regards,

Thanks and Best regards,
QiXiong Liu / 刘启雄
Shenzhen Kaifa Tech. Co., Ltd
TEL:(86-755) 8303 2489  Ext: 33489
E-MAIL:[log in to unmask]

FP Deng <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TGAsia <[log in to unmask]>

2007-08-09 10:28

Please respond to
Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
FP Deng <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Re: [TGA] 请教PCB板变形&焊盘设计

Hi, Liu

Can you tell me what kind of rework machine you currently use ,SRT. DRS. ERSA or peace machine  and others?

BTW, If your machine' function limitation , you actually can use special fixutre for it, but note that the strain gage test from both fixture and thermal shock is one way to convince yr custormer.

Regards.

FP Deng

Liu Qixiong <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TGAsia <[log in to unmask]>

2007-08-09 09:43

Please respond to
Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [TGA] 请教PCB板变形&焊盘设计

It is true and customer worry about reliability problem and we wasn't allowed to rework by special fixture.

Thank you for your attention.

Thanks and Best regards,
QiXiong Liu / 刘启雄
Shenzhen Kaifa Tech. Co., Ltd
TEL:(86-755) 8303 2489  Ext: 33489
E-MAIL:[log in to unmask]
FP Deng <[log in to unmask]>

2007-08-09 09:17

Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Hung <[log in to unmask]>, Liu Qixiong <[log in to unmask]>
cc
Subject
Re: [TGA]  请教PCB板变形&焊盘设计

Although the fixture is normally way for such issue. stress issue from unbalanced thermal shock to components should be deeply considered.

Evaluation have to be conducted to reduce the thermal shock. ......
Brian Hung <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TGAsia <[log in to unmask]>

2007-08-09 08:52

Please respond to
Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Brian Hung <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Re: [TGA] 请教PCB板变形&焊盘设计