Hi Rudy! As the chairman of the JSTD-003 committee I can give you a
response to the IPC reply you received.  IPC has a negative vote procedure
in which each negative vote is reviewed, comments dispositioned in terms of
technical and editorial content, and a response is then sent to the
individual submitting the negative vote. Your negative vote was processed
through this procedure. No technical content was submitted and no editorial
suggested revision verbiage was provided for the committee to review. The
IPC reply you received was intended to inform you that your input was
received, reviewed, and not ignored. All comments received as part of a
specification ballot are considered important and are fully documented. If
you feel that segments of a specification require revision, then I
encourage you to provide specific proposed suggestions that the committee
can review. The editorial comment you submitted to the specification ballot
does not provide a proposed suggestion(s) that the committee could review
and consider for inclusion. As the committee chairman, I do appreciate your
participation in the specification ballot process.

Dave Hillman
JSTD-003 Chairman

             R Sedlak
             <rsedlak2000@YAHO
             O.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: TechNet          [log in to unmask]
             <[log in to unmask]>                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/29/2006 09:34          [TN] Does anyone else on Technet
             PM                        find this situation beyond
                                       comprehension?

             Please respond to
              TechNet E-Mail
                   Forum
             ; Please respond
                 R Sedlak
             <rsedlak2000@YAHO
                  O.COM>

    Just in case anyone still has any remaining hopes that the IPC might
actually someday attempt to achieve something worthwhile, or perhaps
attempt to minimize the confusion in our world, I offer this e-mail message
which I received from the IPC in response to my negative vote on the
proposed Immersion Tin standards.

  It is important to realize, to get the full flavor of this message, that
the standard was submitted to me for my review with two options:  1. Accept
as written,  or 2. reject, with reasons given for rejection.   I rejected,
because the standard was written in a way which was essentially
unintelligible, and I could not even figure out what they were trying to
say.
  I received the following message in return.