MEETING OF THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER
OF THE IPC DESIGNERS COUNCIL

Date: Tuesday, the 14th of October 2003
Where: Connie's in Derby
Time: Networking 6:00pm

Topic: Are Embedded Passives in your future?
This talk will briefly review the rapidly changing technology of embedded passives. The discussion will take us from what we have become accustomed to using to exciting new alternatives aimed at real estate reduction and signal integrity.

Our discussion will tackle questions such as "Do we really need embedded passives?" "How do they affect our designs?" "Do they affect our assemblies?" and "How do we test them adequately?" What have we been using all these years vs. changing winds surrounding the use of Embedded Passives?

There will be an open discussion at the conclusion of the presentation.

Speaker: Happy Holden is Manager of Advanced Technologies for Westwood  Associates, the sales and engineering arm of NanYa PCB Corporation of Taiwan and China.

HOST: The meeting will be hosted by MacDermid, Inc. of Waterbury, CT.  MacDermid is a supplier of process consumables to the board fabrication industry -- plating, etching, imaging, cleaning, and solderable finishes.  Recently, they have developed their M-Pass(tm) process for plating embedded resistors on traditional inner layers.  They will briefly discuss this technology after Happy's presentation.

Please confirm your attendance by contacting Vin Stabile (President SNEC).  PLEASE TRY TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE NO LATER THAN MONDAY 13 OCTOBER. WE NEED TO HAVE A HEAD COUNT BY THE END OF BUSINESS THAT DAY. YOUR COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED.

Confirm by e-mail at [log in to unmask]

Directions to Connie's Restaurant:

Take Route 84 to Route 8 South.
Take Route 8 to Route 34, towards Derby (left off exit).
Make a right turn at the SECOND traffic light.
Connie's is one block, on the right.