    From:    Steve Gregory [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
    Sent:    Wednesday, September 24, 2003 3:25 PM
    To:    [log in to unmask]
    Subject:    Re: [TN] 5Sn / 95Pb Solder Sphere

    Jim,

    Do you get the devices like that, or do you put the hi-temp balls in
the corners yourself?

    Thanks!

    -Steve Gregory-

        Victor, we use high temp solder balls on the 4 corners of a
625 ceramic BGA.
        The main purpose is to prevent the device from collapsing,
causing solder
        bridging.  Maintaining the stand-off height after reflow
also increases long
        term reliability.

        Jim Marsico
        Senior Engineer