From: Ted Kong [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 2:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] BGA bridging on corner pins only

Hi All at Technet Land,

Can someone explan why do I see bridgings only on the
corner pins during rework?  The package is a 1517 Pin
BGA and the rework was done on the SRT rework station
with only flux (No paste).  When I run the same board
and component through the reflow oven, I see no
bridging.  I tried lower the air flow and increase the
spacing between the board and the chimney, but neither
helped.  Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all in advance.

Ted Kong