You might contact Walt Kintner at Vestal Electronics 607-772-8461, they make a nice jumper that is available on tape and reel. Very low impedance compared to 30 ga wire.
My experience with solder bridges is that they never form when/where you want them. It's a Murphy thing.
Dan
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Tom Glum
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 8:17 AM
Subject: [TN] In Need of Technical Information

I am with an Electronic assembly house utilizing the IPC 610C standard for our PCB’s.  I have a PCB that needs a “jumper” between 2 pads to complete a selectable circuit (4 configurations).  The pad size is 1.9 x .75 mm with a gap of .45 mm.  Can we jumper this gap utilizing a solder bridge and still be compliant to the standard?  We contacted the OEM tech support center and they recommend a solder jumper to configure their boards, but I need some feed back concerning meeting the IPC specifications.  We are presently utilizing a 30 gauge wire to bridge this gap, but I am concerned about the integrity of the wire and solder joint.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thx, Tom Glum