From: John Parsons [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 10:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] FAB: Single vs Double Ply Multi-Layer Construction

I believe that in days of old IPC and various other specifications
disallowed single ply prepreg constructions.  I don't have the spec's handy
but I do not believe that this is a current IPC requirement.  While some
OEM's still carry this specification I am looking for insight into what the
concerns, real or imagined were with single ply construction.  Potential
shorting between ultra thin dielectrics I can understand but I am concerned
with this application regarding more conventional builds ie. 1080, 2116
pregs etc., 0.062 boards to 12-14 layers.

Regards
John Parsons