Steve,
We have been building boards with both since 1997.  The MacDermid Sterling electroless silver is our favorite.  It has proven to be an excellent finish and most of our high volume N. American OEMs have let us switch to it.  We are not so fond of the immersion tin, although if the customer insists, we will supply it.

The MacDermid web site has a lot of information in Immersion silver, and if you need more, I have a PDF talk on "Lead-Free Alternative PC Board Finishes" I did for our local chapter of the Designers Council  this month that I can send you.  It has all the details.

Happy Holden
Westwood Associates
612 Wheelers Farm Road
Milford, CT 06460
email: [log in to unmask]

Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

08/28/03 12:30 PM
Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to SteveZeva