Hello Steve,
As I stated, the AOI can inspect only pads that have different color (dark
color) oxide pads /  Skipped Gold plated pads.   Oxide Nickel pads or too
much Phosphor that caused "black pads" under Gold pads finish and the Gold
finish is not effected / visible by human eye,  the AOI can not find this
kind of  failure.

Sorry for the miss understanding.

Best  Regards

 Reuven

                      Steve Gregory
                      <[log in to unmask]         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject: Re: [TN] Black Pad Detecting Machine

                      24/08/2003 16:59
                      Please respond
                      to "TechNet
                      E-Mail Forum.";
                      Please respond
                      to SteveZeva

I may be understating the obvious, but I've always thought the the reason
black pad  was such a insidious problem, was because you couldn't detect it
until you tried to solder to it. Black pad is a problem with the nickel
plating beneath the gold, correct? I've never known a AOI machine to be
able to look through gold...

-Steve Gregory-
 Could you send me a picture of a black pad on an as received circuit?
 I am sure that Werner will be very happy to see it too.
 Thank you,
 Gaby