I can't seem to find arsenic called out on the RoHS and WEEE documents. Am I simply missing it? It is definitely present in GaAs chips. I can think of technological reasons why it should not be there but am curious if there was some successful lobbying or pragmatic politicking that prevented it from making the hit list. All of this  begs the questions:  1) What exactly were the criteria used for selecting the metals and other materials on the hit list?  and 2) Who was on the selection committee?

Anyone know the history or have any input or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Best to all,
Joe