From: Bev Christian [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 5:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Short Solderability Time Limits

Technetters,

As if we didn't have enough problems with really, really old parts; part numbers; moisture sensitivity; a few instances of stupid finishes as suppliers go lead free; but now I have a new one - for me anyways.  We have received virgin parts where the label on the bag says they only have a SOLDERABILITY LIFETIME of 168 hours after they are taken out of the bag!  This is not a case where one can recover them by putting them in an oven afterwards!  Anyone else seeing this new pain-in-the-neck development?

regards,

Bev Christian

Research in Motion

this email is prohibited.