I build most of our proto boards, those I don't I supervise closely. I hang up a yellow  " prototype in progress " sign ( color was arbitrary )  and keep a note pad handy. I do write a work inst. first but it will usually be very generic, like wave solder info will have blanks to be filled in. This fullfills our ISO req. and allows me to do what I gotta to make it work. When the proto finnaly works right I go back and write a work inst.
Charles caswell

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Gregory [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 8:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] ISO and prototypes....

just curious...how do you deal with  ISO and prototypes? Do you do full-blown work instructions? Try to run things through normal production processes, so that you have traceability? Or do you you treat it as it is, a prototype?

Going through some stuff here...thinking that we put more stuff into prototypes than we need to...just curious what everybody else does...I have my past experience, but that's not good enough.

Like to hear from everybody else...

To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with following text in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Technet
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700 ext.5315