Message
Steve;

Joe lists the conversions that agree with NIST, the one posted by Edward is off by a magnitude of 10.

From this page at NIST, http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP811/appenB8.html#M

1 micron = 1 micrometer

Also from the same page, to convert from microinches to micrometer multiply by 2.54 E-02  (Or as Joe stated 100 microinch = 2.54 microns or micrometer)

Therefore 170 microinch * .0254 = 4.318 micrometer (microns).

Already posted in this thread, 1 ounce of copper = 35 micrometer (microns) thick.

4.318 micrometer / 35 micrometer per ounce = 0.123 ounces of copper

Or approximately 1/8 ounce of copper at that location.

Your stack up requires 1 ounce Cu (after plating) so you only have 12.5% of that requirement.

It doesn't matter if it is computed in the metric system or English, you still don't have enough copper.

Robert Denbo
Engineering Manager
Midwest Printed Circuit Services, Inc.
http://www.midwestpcb.com