  From: Ed Popielarski
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 7:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [TN] Solder Fountain Parameters

  Hi Gary, LTNS!

  You want to run the pump speed  high enough to get a flow over each side of the nozzle (level is obviously important) but not so high you develop turbulence on the surface. I've seen some poorly designed nozzles that cannot achieve this and might take some "do-over" to get it right. Another thing is process repeatability, and in order to get an accurate "fix" on the wave height setting is to add a pump motor speed display to the machine. The pot and corresponding graticule provided by the manufacturer(s) isn't all that accurate to start with, and the speed control board can be messed with as well as drift over time.

  Give me a call one day when you have a free moment. You and I go back to the late 80's with Treiber.

  Regards,

  Ed Popielarski
  QTA Machine
  10 Mc Laren, Ste D