In a message dated 5/21/03 5:03:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Phil,

I believe what the question refers to is the nickel/tin alloy which some
people call the Santaclara process.  This was developed several years ago for the
telecommunications industry to minimize corrosion.  However, it is not a very
reliable surface to solder to and was abandoned by most users.

Larry