Hi all!

I just want exPress my sincere aPPreciation for everything that everyone has
sent me. Please excuse my off-font "P's" because I'm still having Problems
with my keyboard on my 'Pooter at home, I have to Paste all my "P's"...I'm
lazy and figure a "P" is a "P", whether it's lower or uPPer case....hehehe.

Anyway, I've got a lot of PaPers, slideshows, etc. that talk about adhesive
Printing, I can share them if you want...they were sent to me by fellow
technetters, and no one said that I couldn't share them. If that's not the
case, Please let me know, I'll resPect your wishes.

The things that I've learned from reading everything, and talking with the
vendor that I'm using to make a ePoxy stencil for me, is that you have
suPerior gasketing with the Polyimide stencil, and you won't have the bleed
out that you may see with a stainless stencil, which will reduce the amount
of cleaning that might be necessary with a stainless steel stencil. Also,
I've been assured that the ePoxy height will be greater than the stencil
thickness...and I will have varying ePoxy heights for the different
comPonents...this is really cool to me.

I'm getting the stencil tomorrow, and I'll let everyone know how it works. If
anybody wants a coPy of the stuff I got about stenciling adhesives, let me
know I'll send it to ya'....I'm Probably gonna' regret that I made that
offer, but as Phil Zarrow has once said; "We're all in this together"

-Steve Gregory-

> Hi Steve,
>
> I had a similar problem with some diodes, and used the "flood" print option
> on our DEK printers - don't know about other printers.  Have you tried
> this?  In case you haven't, the flood print will perform two prints, the
> first being a normal print with the squeegees in contact with the stencil
> to the pressure set in the program.  Then, the second print raises the
> squeegees a user programmed distance off the stencil, which gives you a
> film of adhesive that will provide more adhesive height.  This occurs
> because adhesive releases quite well from apertures.  Effectively, you can
> vary the height of the adhesive with one stencil by varying the flood print
> height.  Note that you will have this increased height on all the
> apertures, so you have to watch your 0805's.  You may notice some very
> peaked deposits from the small apertures.
>
> This process works well with stainless steel stencils - I'm not sure why a
> polymer stencil would be recommended.  Good luck!
>
> Howard Watson
> SMT Manufacturing Engineer
> AMETEK/Dixson
> Grand Junction, CO