From: Howard Watson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 12:10 PM
To: Cyker, Howard A (Howie)
Cc: 'TechNet E-Mail Forum.'
Subject: RE: [TN] Coplanarity of PLCC's

Howard,

I agree with you that the overprint probably won't do anything - out of
desperation I was trying the Band-Aid approach thinking that the component
might sink into the solder as it reflowed, and more solder might help.
Assuming that the components are in spec, but just barely, then how do I
compensate this condition?  It seems like the focus should be the downward
"Z" height to get the component more into the paste, correct?

Howard Watson
SMT Manufacturing Engineer
AMETEK/Dixson

        "Cyker, Howard A (Howie)" <[log in to unmask]>

05/12/03 02:20 PM