From: gaby [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 6:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] Enig? HASL?

http://www.circuitree.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Ite
m/0,2133,97634,00.html
<http://www.circuitree.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__It
em/0,2133,97634,00.html>

----- Original Message -----
From: Ervin  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> Weisz
To: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:38 PM
Subject: [TN] Enig? HASL?

Dear Technetters,
As many others, I am considered about the "ENIG vs. HASL vs. another few
finishes".
I wonder what do people specify in those industries that require 0 failures:
defense industry, automotive, aerospace, etc.

Mainly, I would like to know what do companies in such fields specify for
boards that are populated with small BGAs (0.032" pitch and lower), also
known as CSPs.Boards that have very high reliability requirements and have
advances packages - what surface finish is required/recommended for the
boards ??

I would appreciate links to existing specs., personal information, or
anything you can spare on this subject.

Thanks,
Yehuda Weisz
Process Engineer - PCB production