Hello Puh,

I did hope that U would fix Ur problem with silver but I knew that there
is a little chance for it due to the all the factors that influence the
output of the soldering process.
Ur customer has a different process than U have and it might make this
specific issue work well but they are probably compromising other aspects
of their product assortment. It is fine balance and U probably have done
it accordingly to Ur product spectra. Not to underestimate the challenges
that the customers forcing us in front of... We can always learn something
new about our processes... :)
We all have customers that are sure that shiny solder appearance is a
measure of the quality... They don't know what they are talking about but,
as we all know, the customer probably has a last word in the issue... It
really pisses me off but there is nothing else to do then try to use all
means available to meet the customers cosmetic requirements...
I use Qualitec's no-clean Delta paste with 2% silver in looooooooong
profile... I have a really bad own (buying a new one in a two months) and
was forced to lower the conveyer speed drastically to get process window
that can swallow all my products. The consequence is very shiny joints,
but there are other negative aspects involved.
U can test, only for fun, and try to obtain the paste that has ca. 90%
metallic content and 2% silver. Reduce a speed of a conveyer to get a
longer pre-heating activating the flux (observe the pastes preferences)
little earlier then try to lay on 250 degrees Celsius in a soldering
zone....
As 'I said earlier, wetting is not perfect but U should be able to get
shiny joint.

Good Luck!

Sasha

Sasha Miladinovic - Production Engineering
Amersham Biosciences, PCB Production, Umeå
Tel:      +46 (0) 90 150 232
Fax:     +46 (0) 90 138 372
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Poh Kong Hui <[log in to unmask]>