Hi Rick!

I know of a place up in San Jose, it's called Solution Sources...

(http://www.ssprog.com)

They've got a 5-DX there. I will say that they are pretty pricey though, programming charges (one time) are steep, and then you get charged by the solder joint.

You might give them a call, maybe their prices have changed...it was a few years ago when I called them.

As a earlier poster said, Glenbrook is very reasonable...

-Steve Gregory-

Does anyone know of a source that provides 3D x-ray (i.e. 5DX type system) analysis of BGA solder joints? I'm hoping to find someone local to So. California, but any recommendations would help.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Thompson

Sr. SMT Process Engineer
SMTEK International, Inc.